Delivering Successful Sustainable Regulatory Solutions: Food Safety and Licensing
The Sustainable Regulatory Solutions (SRS) framework was created by Cornwall Council, with inputs from a number of other unitary and district councils, to act as a toolkit to assist local authorities in maintaining and improving service delivery whilst ensuring that businesses are supported and regulatory compliance is achieved.
The SRS framework supports councils in introducing income generation initiatives to sustain existing services; under the provisions of the Local Government Act 2003, section 93, local authorities are able to recoup the costs of discretionary services, therefore being in a position to continue to deliver core services even with fewer resources.
When businesses are charged for services and advice, it has been shown that business compliance increases; this has a positive knock-on effect with compliant businesses requiring fewer interventions. With increased compliance, inspection times, costs and demand for funded services are reduced, thereby resulting in a prioritised, resilient and sustainable delivery method.
Some of the benefits of using the SRS framework include:
- 50% time reduction on routine inspections following Safer Food Direct visit
- 85% of businesses achieved an NFHRS score of 5
- 100% of businesses that received Licensing Direct said they were very satisfied with the service they received
- 100% of officers felt they developed a better relationship with businesses following the delivery of Safer Food Direct services
- Reduced demand on funded services
- More targeted enforcement capability
- Leads to the development of prioritisation systems
- Earn recognition with cutting-edge regulatory services
- Better protection for the public, environment and economy
The SRS framework has a number of packages to suit your requirements, including Safer Food and Licensing.