Home > Terms & Conditions
Your use of this website and the documents, files and other information available through it is subject to the following terms and conditions, as amended by us from time to time.
Use of and access to this website does not of itself create a client relationship between you and RH Environmental Limited (RHE) and where such an arrangement does exist, for example a licence to access Regulatory Information and Management Systems (RIAMS) it is governed by separate licence terms for accessing the website. If you require advice on a specific issue please contact the RHE offices via ‘contact us’ tab on the website, or email email@example.com or telephone 01239 711 793
The content on this website is for general information only and should not be regarded as authoritative or final. It is provided to the public and environmental health, public health and regulatory professionals and in the case of procedures, standard documents (letters, forms, leaflets etc), guidance, publications, forums and blogs that we may offer, they do not constitute legal advice and must not be relied upon as such to make any decisions. For that reason users should seek specific legal advice about any matter which concerns them.
All electronic links to any part of this site require the prior written consent of RHE. Please email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Where consent is not obtained we reserve the right to remove any link at anytime.
1. This website is provided by RH Environmental Limited a company limited by guarantee in England and Wales, registration number 5530460, referred to in this text as “RHE”. Registered Address: Langdon House, Langdon Road, SA1 Swansea Waterfront SA1 8QY.
2.References on this website and in these terms and conditions to:
“RHE” or “we” or “our” or “us” shall mean RH Environmental Limited and/or its affiliated undertakings; and “you” or “your” shall mean the user of this website. The term user shall include, as a user of the publicly accessible pages or the restricted access areas for example the areas of RIAMS accessible only by way of a licence. If you are accessing or using this website in your capacity as an employee, director, officer, partner or agent of a corporate or unincorporated entity “you” and “your” shall refer to you and such entity and you represent that you are authorised to accept these terms and conditions on behalf of such entity and agree to be personally bound by these terms and conditions.
3. Whilst RHE endeavours to ensure that content on the website is accurate at the date of publication, no warranties or representations are given as to its accuracy, completeness, reliability, suitability or quality. Content may subsequently be superseded and RHE gives no guarantees that contents will be updated after the date of publication. As such, RHE accepts no responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, reliability, suitability or quality of any content on the website and to the fullest extent permissible by law, RHE excludes all liability (save in respect to death and personal injury caused by negligence and for fraud) for any loss or damage caused by using or relying upon the content appearing on this website. In particular, we will not be liable to you or any third party for any consequential loss or damage including any financial loss, loss of profit, revenue or business.
4. We and our suppliers own the intellectual property rights in the software that runs this website. Save to the extent expressly permitted by applicable laws, you must not copy, modify, download, distribute, decipher, de-compile interfere with or attempt to interfere with that software without our written consent.
5. We cannot guarantee that this website and its document delivery system will operate in accordance with your expectations or will be error free. If you are aware of any error on this website please contact us by email at email@example.com and we will endeavour to correct it.
6. We make no claims that any material contained on the website can be lawfully viewed or downloaded outside of the United Kingdom. Access to materials may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you are accessing the website from outside the United Kingdom you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with laws in your jurisdiction.
7. It is our policy to virus check documents and files before they are posted on this website. However, we cannot guarantee that documents or files downloaded from this website will be free from viruses. Accordingly, for your own protection, you must use virus-checking software when using this website. You must not post or provide to us via this website, any document or file which you believe may contain a virus. You must virus check any document or file which you intend to post or provide to us via this website. We exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law, all liability (save in respect of death or personal injury caused by negligence and for fraud) in connection with (a) any damage or loss caused by errors, computer viruses, other malicious code or harmful components originating or contracted from the website and (b) any interruptions in your access to the website
8. You may only use this website for lawful purposes. You must ensure that any document, file, question, comment, image, text or other information that you intend to post to our website or provide to us via this website does not contravene any applicable laws or contravene any person’s legal rights and you must not post or upload anything indecent, obscene, abusive, libellous or defamatory. We do not monitor or edit documents or files posted or provided to us by other persons for posting on this website and accordingly we do not accept any responsibility for their content or for any damage or loss you may suffer. You hereby acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any documents or files that you post on the website. We reserve the right to remove material from this website that infringes these rules.
8.1 Users of the Question and Answer and Best Practice Forum(s) and other Online Services provided on our website(s) must comply at all times with these Terms and Conditions of Use and with the “Rules” relating to the posting of content on the website(s).
10. If you would like to link to the website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the website, and subject to the following conditions:
(a) you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the RHE logo;
(b) you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around the website;
(c) you do not in any way imply that RHE is endorsing any products or services other than its own;
(d) you do not misrepresent your relationship with RHE nor present any other false information about RHE;
(e) you do not otherwise use any RHE trade marks displayed on the website without express written permission from RHE;
(f) you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
(g) your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
10.1 RHE expressly reserves the right to revoke the right granted in this clause 10 for breach of these terms and to take any action it deems appropriate.
10.2 You shall fully indemnify RHE for any loss or damage suffered by RHE or any or any of its group companies for breach of clause 10.
11. By accessing this website, you agree that you will access its contents solely for your own use. You may print out a single hard copy of any part of the content of this website (other than documents, files or other information contained in the restricted areas which are subject to particular terms set out under the Restricted Areas section, for example British Standards in RIAMS) for your use in accordance with these terms and conditions.
12. Except as expressly permitted by paragraph 10, you may not (except to the extent required in order to use this website in accordance with these terms and conditions) copy, store in any medium (including in any other website), distribute, transmit, re-transmit, broadcast, modify, delete or show in public any part of this website or systematically extract material from this website or any document available through it, create any derivative works from it or in any other way exploit commercially all or any part of this website or any document available through it without the prior written permission of RHE.
13. We reserve the right to vary or amend these terms and conditions from time to time. Any changes shall take effect upon posting to this website.
14. Any dispute arising between you and RHE in relation to this website shall be governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts for the purposes of any such dispute.
15. If any of these terms and conditions is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, that shall not affect:
(a) the legality, validity or enforceability in that jurisdiction of any other term or condition which shall continue to have full force and effect ; or
(b) the legality, validity or enforceability in other jurisdictions of that or any other term or condition which shall continue to have full force and effect.
16. A person who is not a party to these terms and conditions may not enforce any of its terms under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
17. No waiver of any of these terms and conditions shall be valid unless provided in writing by RHE.
18. The trade marks, logos and trade names displayed on the website (“Marks”) are the property of RHE or other third parties. You are not permitted to download, copy, modify or use the Marks without the prior written consent of RHE or such third party who may own the Marks. The design and layout of the website is protected by copyright, database right, design rights and other similar laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part.
19. If you are accessing this website in the course of a business the express provisions of these terms are in place of all warranties, conditions, terms, undertakings and obligations implied by statute, common law, custom, trade usage, course of dealing or otherwise, all of which are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Data Protection and Privacy
1. This website, and any personal data collected by means of this website, is controlled by RH Environmental Limited, registered office c/o Bevan & Buckland, Langdon House, Langdon Road, Swansea Waterfront, Swansea, SA1 8QY. Where necessary for the purposes described in this policy personal data may be processed by other companies in the RHE grou
2. We acknowledge that your personal details and information or data that you submit to our services may be confidential. We will maintain the confidentiality of and protect your information in accordance with this policy and English law.
3. If you submit your personal details to us, or subscribe to our services, we may use your personal contact details for the purposes of sending you communications for marketing purposes. If you do not wish us to do this, you may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. We will not pass your personal details to any entity outside the RHE group of companies to enable that entity to process your personal data for its own purposes.
6. You have the right to access and the right to correct your personal data by sending an email to email@example.com.
7. We store personal data only for as long as necessary for the purposes set out above. You may ask us to delete your personal data at any time, but if deletion takes place you will not be able to make any further use of our services.
This website uses “cookies” to ensure the best possible experience for the user. Information provided by the user (i.e. email) will be stored and packaged into a cookie which will then be sent to your web browser for later use.
What are cookies?
Cookies are pieces of information stored in your hard drive by the web server of the visited website. The server provides the browser with a cookie to save. They are used to make browsing the internet an easier experience.
What are the types of cookies?
These are used while the user is browsing. The cookies will get deleted once the session is over.
Third party cookies
These cookies are set by the visited site only.
These cookies do not get deleted even when the browser is closed. These are used to store the user’s preferences for later use.
For more information about cookies, please see the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
1. As part of our objective of providing you with a good user experience and to monitor our websites, related software and Apps, we will monitor the use of our websites and record your email address and/ or IP address. This information is collected for RHE’s internal purposes only.
From time to time we may use any of the information you submit to us, including personal data, to provide you with marketing information about RHE.
We may contact you from time to time for this purpose by email, post or telephone. By sending your information to us you agree and consent to us contacting you in this way. You may withdraw this consent at anytime by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Careers and Associates Network
1. You may submit information, including personal data and sensitive personal data to us via your CV attached to an email and email addresses as an application for a post advertised at RHE (“application data”). “Sensitive personal data” is information as to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious, philosophical or similar beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual life, commission of criminal offences and/or involvement in criminal proceedings.
2. In acknowledging an application RHE is not verifying the content, accepting the application or making any offer of employment or engagement. RHE is not obliged to accept any applications.
3. RHE will process your application data for the sole purposes of considering applications and recruitment, and not for any “direct marketing” purposes. We will retain your application data for up to 12 months following receipt of your application. If you would prefer us not retain your application data for this period for consideration in relation to any appropriate vacancies that may arise, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
4. RHE is an equal opportunity employer (in accordance with applicable legislation) and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, non disqualifying physical or mental disability or any other basis covered by local legislation. All employment related decisions are made entirely on merit.
1. RHE provides a variety of services to clients and third parties online which are accessible only with a username and password. These services include RIAMS, Q&A (“The Glee Club”) for Private Water Supplies, the Water Margins Blog and other forums and blogs.
2. Access to the Restricted Areas is restricted to authorised persons. If you believe you have been granted access to any document or file by mistake, please leave the Restricted Area immediately and contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Please also contact us by email at email@example.com if we have notified you that you are permitted to access a Restricted Area but are unable to obtain access to it.
3. The Restricted Areas should only be accessed using a computer linked to a secure network environment.
4. You must not allow any other person to use your username, password or other login details. If you believe someone else knows your login details please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org soon as possible.
5. In the case of certain Restricted Areas we may supply you with temporary login details which you should change and choose details that may not be easily identifiable by others. Login details should be changed regularly and not less than once every 6 weeks.
6. We reserve the right to remove you from the authorised list of users for any Restricted Area of this website at any time.
7. Parts of this website incorporate 128 bit encryption technology, however, we cannot guarantee that unauthorised people will not be able to access confidential information hosted on or downloaded from this website.
8. The information, documents and files hosted on the Restricted Areas are confidential and may be privileged. You must not distribute the documents and files hosted in these areas except to persons authorised by RHE to read them. If you believe that you may have been granted access to information, a document or a file by mistake you must not download it, copy it, use it for any purpose or disclose its contents to any other person. Where you are subject to a separate agreement or undertaking (such as a confidentiality agreement) then such agreement or undertaking shall apply in addition to and, in the case of conflict or inconsistency, in priority to these terms and conditions.
9. You shall not obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access to a Restricted Area or to a Restricted Area other than that which has been identified as being available to you through the logins and passwords notified to you or to any other area of RHE’s computer system or network nor will you attempt to evade our authentication or security procedures nor assist, encourage or permit any other person to do any of the above things.
10. You should be aware that some of the documents, files and other information may contain personal data subject to applicable data protection legislation. You must not use that data contrary to such legislation. To the extent that your jurisdiction does not have in force data protection legislation at least as stringent as that applying in England from time to time you undertake to treat such personal data as if it were subject to the legislation applying in England from time to time to the extent it is more stringent.
11. RHE shall not be liable for any losses you suffer as a result of unauthorised access to your account until such time as you have informed us of unauthorised use or possible unauthorised use of your login details or of a breach of security.
12. Subject to 11 above, RHE shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever resulting from your use of a Restricted Area other than in accordance with these terms including but without limitation any special, consequential or indirect loss, any loss of profit or goodwill, any loss of data or for any business or economic loss arising out of the use of or the inability to use a Restricted Area. We do not charge you any separate fee for access to and use of the Restricted Areas. On this basis you agree that these terms, and in particular the limits on our liability and obligations, are fair and reasonable.
13. If you are accessing a Restricted Area to use the services available through it otherwise than in the course of your business, you have certain statutory rights as a consumer regarding the performance of services. These statutory rights will not be affected by any statement contained in these terms and conditions.
14. Subject to the terms above and any additional terms applicable to particular Restricted Areas, for example licence terms to access RIAMS and the “Rules for Making Contributions” in the Forums and Q&A areas, you may not reproduce or print any part of the content of the Restricted Areas.